Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 04:47:33 EST
> Maybe I didn't make my self clear.  They can't even get subscribed
> because of this problem, much less post.    I need to tell them where
> they need to fix this reply-to problem.  It's in the headers.
> LISTSERV will not process requests mail on any mail with incomplete
> headers.  Microsoft mail in 99% of the instances has a <@domain.com>
> in its reply-to area which causes an automatic rejection of that
> request.

Microsoft has several email products:

   Microsoft Mail for PCs
   Microsoft Mail for the Macintosh
   Microsoft Exchange
   Microsoft Outlook (a client only)
   Microsoft Outlook Express (an Internet Mail client bundled with
                              Internet Explorer)

I believe what you are dealing with here is Outlook Express.  In
earlier incarnations it was called Microsoft Internet Mail.  That
doesn't help get the problem corrected, but it increases your
credibility to use the right names for things.  I'm not certain what
the configuration error in the client is that causes the problem.  I
have seen the problem a number of times.