Mer Gimenez <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:14:11 +0100
Hello again. I´m sending mails whith Eudora too, but I don´t want to
eliminate the subject-tag. I don´t understand why the subject appear in
diferent ways: no always subject is cutting in the same way (the same
numbre of caracters)

Best regards,

At 09:43 20/03/00 -0500, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>I doubt that LISTSERV itself is doing this.  The closest I can come to
>this (with Eudora) is:
>
>Subject:      [TEST] IMPRESOS PROYECTOS I+D DE INVESTIGACI=D3N B=C1SICA NO
>               ORIENTADA
>               DEL PLAN NACIONAL IDT  2000-2003 DISPONIBLES EN INTERNET ,
>
>and if I have IETFHDR set instead of SUBJECTHDR (no attempt made by LISTSERV
>to prettyprint the headers) I get
>
>Subject: IMPRESOS PROYECTOS I+D DE INVESTIGACI=D3N B=C1SICA NO ORIENTADA DEL
>          PLAN NACIONAL IDT  2000-2003 DISPONIBLES EN INTERNET ,
>
>I suspect that the problem is in either or both the receiving or sending mail
>client(s).  I will make the point that this subject line is extremely long
>and some attempt should probably be made to shorten it anyway.
>
>Nathan

Mercedes Giménez Barrio                      e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Servicio de Informática                            Phone: +34  91  397 51 53
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid            Fax : +34  91  397 39 14
E-28049 Cantoblanco.
España (SPAIN)