Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:05:50 -0500
Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Generally, the objectionable material you mention comes from  "outside"
> and making your list "semi-moderated" with defualt of REVIEW for new
> subsriptions will block much of it.  A 'semi-moderated' list is one
> where the subscribers, by being subscribers, approve their own postings,
> anything else goes to the editor for appproval.

Generally what you say will work for most, but not for us.  The list is
mirrored to a Usenet group, so over 50% of the messages coming through
come from people not subscribed to the list itself, but rather the Usenet
mirror.  Thus, the "Send= Open" is not something I can change (not unless
I want some 1,000 people to be forced to subscribe with the NOMAIL option
set...)

Chris Barnes                                  (979) 458-1539
Computer Systems Manager                      [log in to unmask]
Dept of Geography                             AOL IM:  cnbarnes
Texas A&M University                          ICQ:     3581645