Mark Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 12:13:32 -0500
Hi folks:

I just checked out the http://www.iaf.net page and there is a FAQ page
there in which they spell out their rules of use.  I found these two most
interesting:

> 2. You agree to not copy or extract, systematically or manually,
> any information from IAF for commercial purposes.

> 7. All information submitted by you for inclusion in IAF will
> become part of a database, the compilation copyright for which
> is owned exclusively by Innovation Insights.

The first one is patently offensive, because that is the EXACT means
that they used to compile their data, trampling on the individual
policies of each list they mined.

The second one is even more serious.  They are copyrighting people's
names and addresses without their consent.

Not one of the "Frequently Asked Questions" is the one that I
already know the answer to:

   Did any of these alleged three million people actually give you
   permission to use their name and e-mail address in your for-profit
   company and to then copyright their name?

Send mail to [log in to unmask] if this whole thing just bugs you silly.

Cheers

Mark Hunnibell                  Email: [log in to unmask]
KIDLINK Gopher/WWW Coordinator  http://www.connix.com/~markh/index.html