Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 May 1999 17:02:17 -0400
> > It makes sense, mostly.  However, it's not explained in the documentation.
> > The List Owner's Manual leads one to believe that all of those annoying
> > error messages will stop, but they don't.
>
> Some day, when all the mail hosts on the Internet are compliant with the
> Internet Standards (ha!), they will stop :-P  In the meantime, Auto-Delete
> only handles bounces that are sent to the correct address (which is the
> case for about 95-99% of bounces, so it still gets rid of a large number
> of those annoying error messages).
>
> Francoise

I don't have any real quarrel with what LISTSERV is doing.  However, the issue
that you seem to be avoiding responding to is that the documentation does not
explain clearly what it is that LISTSERV does.  Also, I think the explanatory
text that goes along with the messages to the list owners could be a bit more
clear on why they are getting it.  I'm an experience LISTSERV administrator
and it wasn't obvious to me at first what was going on.  How is the ordinary
list owner supposed to figure it out?