"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Apr 1992 09:59:32 CDT
> can improve turnaround  time a lot. Thank you for  this very useful piece
> of information, and my apologies for  having misunderstood it and got the
> incorrect  impression that  you were  blaming BITNET  and/or saying  that
> using Internet rather than BITNET for LISTSERV was the right thing to do.

Right.  Since the majority of ordinary users are unaware of the status
of their bitnet links most of the time, this kind of information can be
quite useful.  Most ordinary users also don't keep up with which other
bitnet links along the route are down.  It's easier to tell them to use
internet than to explain to them how to check on bitnet links -- since
most ordinary users don't seem to share my odd (odd for a non-techy)
interest in such matters.  As for the "and/or" sentence above:
Your impression that I was blaming bitnet was incorrect -- I was not.
Your impression that I was saying that using internet rather than bitnet
for listserv was the right thing to do was not entirely incorrect.
That's what I was saying -- with the qualifying statement "IN SOME
CASES."
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])