Tue, 4 Jun 1996 01:15:33 -0500
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Dan Lester wrote:
    in part, on SPAM-L
> lackeys that I'd never vote for a spammer.  However, all of the purported
> reply addresses were returned as undeliverable.  Sounds just like one of the
> magazine spams, doesn't it?

Ya know, I've been seeing a lot of that lately, with very irritating mail
but not what one would generally call spam.  Nice automagical note that a
posting on one of my lists has been received and will be considered by the
board of editors for inclusion in the next ejournal (huh? who gave you the
right to republish without permission or to edit without same?).  Try to
contact any of the addresses given and you get a bounce, no such userid.
Been seeing the same thing a lot on auto "I ain't here at present, look at
your stuff when I get back" messages; but they're user unknown (but they
continue to send the stuff). I've found a few of them and dealt with them,
but there are getting to be a few too many of them and it's really
starting to bug me.

Douglas