Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 07:02:31 -0800
On 5 Jan 2002, at 5:03, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Does HTML prevent the Bottom Banner from going out?
>
> Is there something I can tell her to do so that her messages from AOL are not in HTML
> format?

No, I would guess that the bottom banners are there - but invisible.  Since
AOL defaults to a type of rich text (I haven't read of any way to turn it off),
there is a real possibility that it might see something in the bottom banner
indicating that the text were html comment lines and simply hide it.  You
should ask her to forward the message, although AOL might just forward
what is visible.  The alternative is to save the message to file and then
attach it to a message to you.  Both version 6.0 of AOL and MSN
Explorer are pretty basic - there is no way to configure MSN to plan text
either.  I haven't installed AOL 7.0 on my machine yet, but I can look at
6.0 and see what is there - I can't remember anything that would help off
the top of my head.
--
     mailto:[log in to unmask]       KA7MYM
     http://cc-ent.com/Spiritbrook    ICQ 4014832