"Janusz S. Bień" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:40:44 +0100
There is a saying that no answer *is* an answer.

As I got no comments to my posting quoted below, does it mean the
Listserv is unable to handle correctly 8-bit characters in the list
header, in particular in owners names?

I learned in the meantime how to avoid SGML entities, but there is
still a problem. When I reference the owner with an 8-bit name in a
template, it is rendered correctly in the message due to its .CS
command. Unfortunately, in the "To:" field the 8-bit characters are
not encoded. Not only there is no guarantee that the field will be
displayed correctly, but e.g. Amavis alert is triggered by such a
header:

 BAD HEADER Non-encoded 8-bit data (char F1 hex) in message header 'To'

Is there a way to circumvent the problem?

Best regards

Janusz

On 19 Nov 2003  [log in to unmask] (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> After a long break (I used to own lists on PLEARN), since several days
> I am again the owner of some lists hosted at Listserv 1.8d in Toruń
> (Poland).
>
> The list will serve Polish Linguistic Society, and configuring them
> properly is rather urgent for me. From the documentation I know how to
> set the Latin-2 coding for welcome files and templates, but I still
> don't know how to set it for the list header.
>
> To be precise, it is possible of course to use national letters stored
> as SGML entities, but this is not what is needed

[...]

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)