Jacky Foo <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 May 1996 07:02:31 +-900

----------
From:   Rick Narad[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
I'm about to panic.  I just sent a revised header for Healthre to
[log in to unmask] in order to switch the errors to one of my co-owners.
I received the message below.  I also forwarded a message that was send for review and got a message saying that it had been submitted to the moderator.
When I reviewed the list, the header looked right but there are no subscribers!

What did I do?  What should I do now?
Thanks.
Rick Narad
Co-manager, Healthre

My guess is that you added your signature to the PUT message.

A very dangerous trap for a new listowner as it also happened to me. So I always keep an updated REV file.

I think it should be easy for the software people to reject any PUT command which contains signatures by detecting and message with no " * " line and total reject such PUT commands.

Jacky Foo
Inst of Advanced Studies, UN Univ. Tokyo