Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:10:48 -0800
The pest is not too smart, or doesn't understand e-mail. He always gives
his real name, it is his address on AOL that changes.

I am monitoring who signs up which is how I caught him.

At 12:57 PM 1/27/03 -0500, you wrote:
>At 08:55 AM 1/27/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>>People,
>>
>>I have a person who I have thrown off two of my lists and filtered him. He
>>has now decided to try and slip back on by changing his e-mail address (but
>>not his name). I threw him off again this morning and promptly put in a new
>>filter.
>>
>>Is there any way of filtering him by just putting his name (rather than his
>>e-mail address) in the filter?
>
>Put the a default setting of "review" so that you can approve posts by new
>subscribers before they go to the list. After you know they are not the
>pest, change the setting to "noreview." No matter what filter you come up
>with, there will be ways around it.
>
>-- DCP

Anita Cohen-Williams
Search Engine Guru/SEO
http://www.mysearchguru.com
"Connecting Your Site to the Web"
Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH & SPANBORD
ArchaeologyOnline Blog
http://archaeology.blogspot.com

MuseumGuru Blog
http://museumguru.blogspot.com