Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:23:01 -0500
Are the problem messages NEW items, or written as replies to other
posts?  Are the originals, to which the blackberry replies, from the
same origin?  I'm suggesting that perhaps your sometimes-garbled results
may be hailing from origins not necessarily in the blackberry device -
just something to think about.

Yes, but why would one of those messages have looked OK in the digest,
while the second one--in the same digest, sent by the same subscriber
from the same Blackberry in the exact same way, and going through the
same Listserv server to the same recipients' same mail programs--not be
decoded?

He is happy to make any adjustments that can be made, but we can't
figure out why his messages sometimes come through just fine and at
other times are gobbledygook. The same thing has happened with posts
from another Blackberry user--who, fortunately, posts much less often.
I'm guessing that as more people start using Blackberry, this problem
will get worse. The posts are fine in the archives, but they sure do
make a mess of the digests for some subscribers.