DMM Morais <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 08:41:22 -0500
I agree with the comments below.  Lsoft should update the program by coding
the Primary Owner (first owner), as the one that approves any changes made
to the header by other co owner, or at least that sort of flexibilty.  To say rely
simply on TRUST does'nt cut it.  We need it coded in the program.  This should
be useful and easy to implement by Lsoft program writers.

DMM Morais

> I also want to protect the List header from sabotage or hostile co-owners
> that may become vengeful and delete all subscribers or other menacing
> changes.

>>You can't do it.  All listowners have equal powers regarding the list's header .. so if
you put someone on who wants to delete you from the header .. s/he can do it with
ease.

Although by definition the Primary Listowner [first owner in header] is the one
responsible to the listserv system ... s/he has no way of protecting that position.

Sorry ... you either have to maintain the list yourself.. which is really no great deal
[by the way filter= really doesn't work well enough to mess with .. too many free web
email addresses out there and even the stupidist newby knows it] or take your
chances with a co-owner you really do trust [or who is afraid of you]  :)>>>>