Dave Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 13:21:36 -0700
Hi again everyone.

I'm still having the strangest problem you'll ever hear about.

I have a couple of lists with over 250 people on them.

What happens is, every time our SMTP (firewall) server is re-booted the listserver sends out the last several MONTHS worth of messages to anyone who it has ever had trouble sending to in the past.  In other words, if someone's e-mail server bounced any messages back to the list, the list resends a massive number of messages to the subscriber when we reboot the SMTP server...including some they have gotten and those that were bounced.

The headers are right from the book...nothing special about them.  Maybe I have something in the server configuration messed up.

Please...I need help!

Dave
City of Tempe