Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 May 2005 09:44:21 -0500
I have a self-moderated list: it's configured with
    Send= Editor,Hold and
    Editor= [log in to unmask],(LISTNAME)
so all posts from outsiders (but not subscribers) need my approval. I've
been moderating new subscribers by controlling the REVIEW option; it's set
by default and changed to NOREVIEW when I trust them.

We recently upgraded LISTSERV from 1.8e to 14.3, and I just noticed that a
new subscriber bypassed moderation. The REVIEW option was set for his
subscription, but it didn't affect him any more. I had thought I was using a
feature, but I'm wondering if I was actually exploiting a bug (now fixed).

I want to continue to moderate (a) all outsiders, and (b) just a few,
untrusted subscribers. With 14.3, the REVIEW option doesn't seem to affect
subscribers to a self-moderated list any more.

If I quietly set the EDITOR option for all the trusted subscribers, and then
take the ,(LISTNAME) portion off the Editor= keyword, will that work? (I'd
have to manage EDITOR/NOEDITOR settings for each subscriber, but I was
already doing that with REVIEW/NOREVIEW.)

-- Hal