Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 12:19:31 EDT
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:32:30 -0500 J. Lyle said:
>I haven't been able to find any information on this subject in either the
>archives or the manual, so I'm guessing it's impossible. But is there any
>way to get Listserv to reject a post that comes with a certain word or
>phrase in the subject line? It would be fine if it either returned the
>post to sender or sent it to the list owners for review.

The only way to do this would be to have your LISTSERV admins write and
install a 'list exit' that uses the POST_FILTER exit point to scan the
message for its subject line, and then compare the subject line to a
list of verboten words, and either accept or reject the message based
on the results.  There is otherwise no way to do this natively short
of moderating the list and accepting/rejecting messages manually.

Nathan