Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:41:22 -0500
On 11 Jan 99, at 13:55, Gilles Frydman wrote:

> The small change I am asking would be to keep that email address between
> similar brackets as when it is attached to a name. Otherwise, it becomes
> very difficult to parse data from query results :-)
>
> (BTW, that's from LISTSERV 1.8d)

If you're looking to parse the data from a program, I strongly recommend
that instead of using a plain old query, you use:

QUERY ***GUI*** listname [FOR e-mail-address]

This puts results in a computer-friendly format:

***HDR*** e-mail-address
***NAME*** firstname lastname

***OPT*** option1
***OPT*** option2
***OPT*** optionN

***SUBDATE*** date
***TOPICS*** subscriber-topics
***TOPLIST*** list-topics
***HDR*** e-mail-address (next subscriber)
etc.

BTW -- this is version 1.8d only...

Francoise