Tim Rushing <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jul 1993 14:52:43 PDT
I'm sorry,  apparently I wasn't very clear with yesterday's
posting about our recent problems.

Here's the sequence of events:

1.  A subscriber posts to the list.
2.  Subscriber receives confirmation from listserv that
posting has been processed and sent.
3.  Posting is sent to the list.  People *do* receive it.
4.  Original poster receives message from our listserv saying
the posting has been rejected because it is a duplicate posting.

The message saying the posting is rejected shows it has gone
through a mailer at ccmail.wiu.bgu.edu.  We have been in touch
with the acting postmaster to no avail.  (The regular postmaster
is on vacation.)

Any guesses on the problem?  We have set all users at that site
to nomail and the problem has gone away, but since it is not
the fault of those users, I'd like suggestions for a solution.

     ---Tim