Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:18:43 -0800
On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Alperin, Glenn wrote:
> Interesting option, but this makes being a list owner a little bit more
> difficult to manage.  I would much rather have a Review= Owner and not
> have to deal with doing searches for concealed members (which, again, such
> a command could be spoofed) and searches for unconcealed members of my
> list.

I don't understand your concern. A list owner need _only_
(re) configure her list on one occasion, to install the
REVIEW= Private and Default-Options= Conceal
keywords/values, plus _exactly_ once QUIET SET all the
existing subscribers to Conceal (a one-line command, send
via one email message to listserv). Indeed that is a "little
bit" more work if the list is not already configured that
way. What is the need for a list owner to do "searches for
concealed and unconcealed" owners, and how does the above
configuration setup impact on that work even if there is a
need?
Peter