George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 20:20:59 -0400
Melvin suggests:

>If your goal is to be consistent with LISTSERV syntax,
>then consider:
>
>   Filter= Hide:,bad1@host1,bad2@host2
>   Owner= good1@site1,Hide:,good2@site2,Quiet:,good3@site3
>
>i.e., mimic the syntax of currently-available 'QUIET:' option.
>
>I don't like the idea of using "begin" and "end" for a block of information.
>Rather, like the 'QUIET:' option, the 'HIDE:' option will take effect,
>until the next list-definition keyword.
>
>Comments?

Well, yes.  I asked this same question here about a year (or more) ago, and
was unable to confirm the information you offer.  I had stumbled upon a
(very brief ...mentioned in passing) reference to the HIDE keyword in the
docs but was unable to get Listserv to accept (or perhaps actually "hide")
any of the syntax I tried to give it.

Thanks for the example.  I'll give it a try.

George Buckner
Owner, Psyche-*