"Russell N. Hathhorn, VM Systems Support" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Sep 1992 07:42:25 PDT
OK - I have read through this BS for days now - and it is all beginning
to get rather silly.

I guess I am too practical - "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"

BITNET works well, the connections are reliable (at least in 'my neck
of the woods'), files get transferred intact and with 'reasonable'
dispatch, and the software is functional and STABLE !!!

We here at PCC will be getting an Internet connection soon along with
an administrative EUNUCHS system, but as of this writing, BITNET will
remain.  Can we get onto something else now !!!

+---------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|   Russell N. Hathhorn                       |  Bitnet: SYSMAINT@PCCVM       |
|   VM Systems Programmer/Analyst             |  Compu$erve: 76636,1036       |
|   Portland Community College                |  Voice: (503) 244-6111 x 4705 |
|   12000 S. W. 49th Avenue                   |  Fax:   (503) 324-7010        |
|   Portland, Oregon  97219-0990              |  "     Just say NO to OCO   " |
| "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms... The strongest reason |
|  for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last         |
|  resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."              |
|  Thomas Jefferson - Proposal Virginia Constitution, June 1776               |
|  Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C. J. Boyd, Ed., 1950).                      |