"Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 17:27:30 -0400
Francoise wrote in part:

>I suspect there is something other than case sensitivity going on.

I immediately had the same thought.

In the eleven-plus years that I have been on (hundreds of) Listserv-mediated
and other lists, I have never run across a situation where an e-mail address
(as sender or recipient) was treated as case-sensitive on either side of the
@ sign. Although commands may have been case-sensitive in the first few of
those years, in the last several they have not been (although, on the third
hand, it remains possible that I just haven't encountered configurations
where case-sensitivity happened to be in place).

Francoise, could you tell us a little about what is affected when ...

DEFAULT_MISC_OPTIONS=IGNORE_EMAIL_CASE

... is not in effect?

Chuck Brandstater