Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:19:42 -0500
>When someone unsubscribes to a list that we have, they get the farewell
>message and
>another email with the following text.  How do I get rid of this extra
>email.  I can't find this in my list of templates.
>
>"
>>  SIGNOFF PELIST
>You have been removed from the PELIST list.
>
>Summary of resource utilization
>-------------------------------
>  CPU time:        0.013 sec                Device I/O:       10
>  Overhead CPU:    0.007 sec                Paging I/O:        0
>  CPU model:         2-CPU AlphaServer 2000 5/250 (256M)
>  Job origin:      [log in to unmask]
>"
>

>Ritesh

This is actually related to the question that was asked earlier
yesterday about the messages LISTSERV sends after someone subscribes.

The message can be suppressed, but only if the unsubscriptions are
being done through a web form or similar process that you have full
control over. In this case you would change the form so that when
(say) [log in to unmask] signs off using it the following message is
sent:

| From: [log in to unmask]
| To: [log in to unmask]
|

| //X JOB REPLY-TO=none
| SIGNOFF listname

Similarly for subscription requests.

Explanation:

LISTSERV by default will always send a response to any command it
receives; the extra message you describe is an automatic response to
the SIGNOFF command. The "//X JOB REPLY-TO=none" tells LISTSERV not
to send a response to that command. Any farewell or other messages
that would normally be sent upon a successful subscription will still
be sent.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support