Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 15:05:02 +0200
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 13:05:18 GMT "Daniel A. Norton" <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>It really astounds me how silent LSOFT is on this request.

Just because  L-Soft does not answer  every single message does  not mean
that they are ignored. If we answered every message on this list we would
have a lot less time to actually implement the requests.

>It  is possibly  the most  requested  feature of  LSOFT and  it must  be
>trivial to implement.

It is not trivial to implement at  all unless we force ALL subscribers to
receive the modified subject, which  would result in more complaints than
we have today, but  we have decided to include it in  1.8c anyway. We did
not say  anything because we  are SUPER VERY BUSY  right now with  an ISP
change that  required 51  tickets just  to get  the first  packet flowing
through, half  of BITNET disconnecting  and wanting to migrate  to TCP/IP
right now,  as opposed to  3 weeks ago,  the usual onslaught  of academic
sites that have some leftover money that  will be gone unless it is spent
before 06/30 and  that want to buy something IMMEDIATELY,  but not before
talking  to a  senior technical  person to  make sure  it will  fit their
hardware and  so on, and  a lot  of other things  I won't bore  you about
and/or that  you will read  about soon enough. We  don't want to  have 20
people asking when it will be available  on a daily basis. We barely have
the time to read our mail. Thank you.

  Eric