Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 20:21:38 -0600
On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, System Administrator Login wrote:

>   For future reference, how can I keep outsiders (and members of the
> lists) from viewing the subscribing membership of LISTSERV mailing
> lists?

in your list header this is controlled by the Review= keyword

If Review=Public  anyone (not just list members) can get the address list
Review=Private  only subscribed list members can get it (but unscrupulous
people have sub'd, got the list and unsub'd all in an hour)
Review=Owner means nobody can get the list without requesting it from a
listOwner.  This is the tightest form of control.

You have to decide what it the best balance between users convenience vs.
risk of invasion by rude people.  This can be difficult to please everybody.

  Ben Parker ............. (Oak Park IL) ........... [log in to unmask]