Ray Champagne <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:08:08 -0500
Heh - I have contacted Support directly on this issue, and their response
was basically that you are correct, the banners HAVE to be at the bottom of
every message due to changes in coding some module or whatever.

I agree that it stinks, and my users remind me of it EVERY day.  It's a real
drag.

If enough of us complain, is there a way that this "feature" can be
reinstated so that the bottom banners only appear once?  It really makes for
a horrible UI, and that's saying something, considering that the UI on this
software was pretty bad to start with.  If I had known about this, I
probably wouldn't have purchased the software in the first place, since I
get SO many complaints about it.  Seems like lazy coding to me.

Would also be nice to be able to click on a subject line in the digest and
be taken directly to the conversation in the archive, but that is a separate
topic.

Ray

On 1/30/07, Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The following is excerpted from the LISTSERV List Keyword Reference
> (http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/15.0/listkeyw.html):
>
>    Digest= No
>    Digest=
> Yes,where|Same[,frequency][,when][,Size(maxsize)][,BOTTOM_BANNER]

>    (1.8e and following) Bottom banners are no longer
>    suppressed in individual messages when BOTTOM_BANNER is
>    specified. The only use of the BOTTOM_BANNER parameter in
>    1.8e and following is to force a copy of the banner to be
>    printed at the top of the digest as in previous versions.
>
> Can someone explain why this change was made? Why would anyone want to see
> the Bottom Banner on *every* post in a Digest? Is it a MIME/HTML issue?
>
> I searched the LSTOWN-L archives and didn't find any messages addressing
> this topic. I've been somewhat out of the loop these last few years.
>
> --
> Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
> [log in to unmask] | Finger/Web for PGP & S/MIME
> [log in to unmask] | http://www.lull.org/adam/

Ray Champagne