"Cindy,Heavilin" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 May 1999 08:43:40 -0400
All of my lists are set to review by default and subscribers are set to
noreview as they prove themselves.  I was not suggesting the ability to
hide the review listing in a query to be sneaky.  I have used quiet review
to circumvent what might have been an all out flame war on occasion.  I
know my listmembers and can tell when things are heading in the wrong
direction.  By using quiet review, I have been able to handle the situation
privately and prevented them from embarrassing themselves on the list.

> You will gain much more respect from your list by being firm, enforcing
> your own rules and being honest than by being sneaky and afraid to openly
> enforce them. A good list owner is respected, not necessarily popular.

Sorry that I asked my question here.  I end up being being insulted and
the point of my post totally missed.  I guess I didn't word it well enough.
There are several options that only a list owner can set: editor, norenew,
review and nopost.  If these options are only controlled by the owner, why
should they show up when a query is sent by the list member?

Cindy H
Pugdogs-L, Griffy-L,
Pro-Handler, & Showpug-L
http://members.tripod.com/sinzan_2/index.html