Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:44:53 -0700
At 11:50 AM 3/15/99 -0800, rex wrote:
>What I'm curious about is how the
>court chips are going to fall on an unmoderated list host. Will they
>be exempt from liability (and now, criminal charges) as common
>carriers are, or will they be liable even though they cannot control
>the content?

Thought that was what I answered.  IMHO, no....though that doesn't mean
that someone with deeper pockets than yours won't try to go after you.  Or
that you wouldn't lose.  And that no one will know for sure til it happens
and it gets all way to supreme court (or comparable in other countries).

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/