Anthea Tillyer <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Jan 1993 22:22:43 EST
Can anyone tell me if there are rules, conventions, strictures, traditions gove
rning postings that are "lifted" from one list and reposted on another? Is it c
ommon practice to ask the permission of the originator of the posting? If this
is the accepted (but not adopted) practice, does it apply to original text, and
 not to announcements or statistical releases?  Does it apply to everything tha
t is posted? Nothing that is posted?

I guess I am really asking whether there is a sort of unlegislated copyright co
nvention on the nets. Sorry if this is an ignorant question; I'm fairly new at
all this.

Peace, Anthea Tillyer   ABTHC@CUNYVM         City University of New York