Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 May 1994 16:16:16 PDT
On Thu, 26 May, 19:14 ET, Kenneth Blackwell <[log in to unmask]>:
>> I think that you've located a helpful and considerate person at Carleton,
>> who wishes to make your mailing-list available via their "news" system.
>
>Many thanks. Can you tell me whether readers of this news
>system are thereby enabled to post to my list?

Depends on two major points:
 - whether an "inverse" (news-posting-to-mail) gateway exists at Carleton,
 - whether or not that gateway inserts a 'SENDER: [log in to unmask]
   tag into the E-mail it generates.  If it does, then LISTSERV will recognize
   the ID in the 'Sender:' field as being a valid subscriber, even though the
   'From:' tag points to a non-subscriber, and will allow the posting
   to a 'SEND= PRIVATE' list.

Of course, definitive information should be available, upon request,
from the ID [log in to unmask] (J. Stewart).