Bret Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:01:19 -0400
Hello,

In many cases, I get error messages simply when someone's mailbox is
too full, or they're having an internal problem.  Usually I just get
an error message every time a message goes out to the list that they
can't receive.  In some cases, I seem to get error messages every
minute--with these I set the account to nomail, and then contact the
listmember in a few days to see if things have been sorted out.

My questions are this:  What is the best way to handle these?  If I
delete or set nomail someone while they're having problems, they or
course do not get the notification message (I'm assuming) telling them
about the changes that I made to their account.  I'm not infallible,
and on a few occasions, i forgot to follow up on their account, and
then got e-mail wondering why they had been deleted.

It would seem to me that a really nice feature would be the command
"suspend blank-l"  which would simply stop sending mail to that
account for a few days during which time i think most problems would
be taken care of--this would be easy to do (from the owner's
standpoint) and wouldn't let people slip through the cracks.

Lastly, is there a way for me to get a list of the my listmembers who
are currently set at nomail?

Thanks for your help,

Bret Diamond