Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 01:57:04 -0700
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 20:19:34 -0400 Bret Diamond said:
>|>Well if this isn't ironic!!!  when I post a message to the lstown
>|>list, i get TWO notification messages, each one listing a different
>|>number of recipeints (see below)

This is a known anomaly in the list peering arraignment.  However it does not
occur consistently with all peered lists, nor even all the time with LSTOWN-L
(which is peered between PEACH and SEARN) nor with LSTSRV-L (which is peered
between PEACH, SEARN, and UGA).  Unfortunately, with the decline in the number
of peered lists and the press of other development efforts fixing this is not at
the top of the priority list.  The known workarounds for this minor
inconvenience are

a) put up with it/ignore it
b) use your delete key to eliminate extra acknowledgement messages
c) subscribe to the peer list with NOMAIL NOACK settings