Louise Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 08:25:09 -0700
Greetings!

At 10:44 AM 9/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>As a first time poster, I'll introduce myself as Mark Haas, Assistant
Professor
>of English at Dakota State University.
>
>I am writing to ask you all if you would be willing to have a group of
students subscribe
>to this list and ask you about the pleasure and pain of maintaining a
listserv.

In reality, the one to decide this would be the listowners, but since it
has been posted for discussion I will throw my opinion into the ring :

I would enjoy hearing from students --who knows, maybe we would learn a
thing or two from them  ::wink::  However,  this is a high volume list so
perhaps the compromise might be for the students to tag their subject
headers so that others could filter out the discussion if they found it too
much to handle?

Just some thoughts, Cheers, Louise
Alpine-L, the Electronic Rock Garden Society
Louise Parsons & Harry Dewey, active listowners
Eric Gouda, Alexej (Sasha) Borkovec, quiet listowners
Please, write to active listowners at the above address
To join Alpine-L, send the message INFO to the above address
http://www.peak.org/~parsont/rockgard/