Brian Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:08:59 -0600
At 11:59 AM 1/7/97 -0500, Mentor Cana wrote:

> The list is open to general public and anyone interested in the subject
> matter of the list can subscribe. The list is not commercial and it is run
> on *.edu LISTSERV.
> Does this make a difference?
>
> I'm still wondering: how many lists are out there in the similar
> situation?

All of the lists I am associated with are for Baseball teams in the U.S. All
of them use the team nickname (a registered trademark) as the list name. The
lists are for discussion and not for commercial gain. If anything, they are
good publicity for the teams who own the trademark.
Brian Crawford                          Chicago