Richard W Wiggins <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Feb 1994 15:53:22 EST
>This isn't strictly a listowner question, but with all the expertise on this
>list...
>
>Does anyone know where to get a list of all the FreeNets?  Specifically, I have
>a student looking for the address of the Denver FreeNet.
>
>Thanks very much!
>
>Lydia Fish
>Listowner vwar-l

I believe the Freenets themselves provide an option to list other
Freenets, but I can't conjure a command right now.

A starting point would be a Gopherized list of Freenets.
You can find such a list (not comprehensive) at our Gopher,
gopher.msu.edu (port 70).  Look under:

  Network & Database Resources
    Internet Resources by Type
      Freenets

A Veronica or Netlink search on the keyword Freenet would no
doubt yield some good pointers.  Veronica is too busy to talk
to me right now.   Try:

   freenet -t8

/Rich Wiggins, CWIS Coordinator, Michigan State U