Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 May 1998 13:42:49 -0500
>One of my listmembers asked me if I could remove some of
>his posts from the archives.
>
>It seems that I could GET the appropriate logs, remove his
>posts, the PUT them back.  However, I was wondering if this
>would cause problems, due to article count or some arcane
>database requirement.
>
>Mark

As discussed on this list about 2 or 3 weeks ago, the actual doing of this
is a trivial task.  You get into problems when you start removing articles
from the archives and then somebody goes looking for how a conversation
got to where it got and they are unable to figure it out.  If you are
willing to set yourself up for the kind of dillemmas expressed in that
thread on this list a few weeks ago (check out the thread "rivisionist
historian" which begins at
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9804&L=lstown-l&F=&S=&P=9888
) then by all means, go ahead and modifying the archives.

Glenn Alperin