Re: [log in to unmask] Relaying denied ???
Michael McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 May 2001 15:12:27 -0700
Peter,

The system, based in California, was down for 2.5 hours a few days ago.  They've been having all sorts of problems this year, financially unable to support their maintenance programs.  In fact, north of the 49th, the network owners are separating from the CA operation, setting up their own system using the domain name rather than simply providing the fibre optic backbone.  AT&T (US) has just injected $80 million into @Home to bring their maintenance up to date.  They are pushing to upgrade their servers and introduce a greater level of redundancy into their system.

Michael