Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:50:56 -0500
I suspect that "SEND=EDITOR, CONFIRM" will do nothing to change the way
your list is working, because the space between "EDITOR," and "CONFIRM"
should cause LISTSERV to treat "CONFIRM" as a comment, rather than as
part of the "Send=" statement. The trailing comma might result in an
error message when you PUT the list header. However, "Send=Editor,Confirm"
or "Send= Editor,Confirm", regardless of case, will cause LISTSERV to send
a confirmation request to the apparent sender of every message sent to the
list address. In other words, it will add an extra step and some nominal
delay to your current posting process, because you will have to wait for
and respond to the confirmation request.

As I noted earlier, this is "one way" to address the issue. It is not
the only way, and it may not be the best way for your list. Pete Weiss
provided other suggestions in his posting in the original thread.

--
Paul Russell
Senior System Administrator