Fri, 11 May 2007 10:16:48 -0500
On Fri, 11 May 2007, Joyce Niblack wrote:
> I want to thank everyone who responded.  Rich-I'm green with envy. I  am
> operating on a windows XP home edition and will have to back up monthly  logs.  A
> year at a time would be lovely.

Well, via email, you can do it a year at a time.  Put all twelve GET
commands in one email (the logs will be sent separately), just as I put
fifteen commands for weekly logs in one command.  Took me two minutes, 32
seconds.  That works out to about half an hour for ten years.

You don't have to type each command, just the one for the first month of
the year, then copy that line eleven times.  Go back to the second line
and change the month, down to next line and change the month, ........
Should be able to do that faster than I did for weekly logs as I changed
two elements, you have to change only one.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]