Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 19:21:27 -0800
>How many characters can I use for a unique topic?

Sandy,
One answer to your question is that you can only use effectively as
many characters as are likely for a user to remember how to spell/type
correctly.  For example, your samples would not be unique until the
person typed the very last letter, a or b. That's expecting a lot from
a mere human. (TOPICs can be entered to their shortest unique spelling,
so TOPICs Meetings:, Schedules: and Horario: could be typed m:, s: and h:.)

You might wish to strive for "How short and memorable can I make my
TOPICs?"
Peter