Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:49:00 -0600
I may have misread, or misremeber, but weren't there lawsuits about
non-LISTSERV(R) mail list programs using the userid "listserv?"
 (i.e.    [log in to unmask])

I'm just wondering, as there is a ListProc site which accepts "listserv"
(the list started as LISTSERV (that site seems to be Majodomo now) and
was moved to what is now a ListProc site, don't know if it was when the
list was moved).

INFO LISTNAME gets you the info for the orginal site when it *WAS*
LISTSERV(R) (it is now Majordomo and the list ain't there).

One can use either [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask];
The latter is processed quickly, the former is processed the same way,
just takes a good deal longer.

They are using "listserv" as an alias for "listproc."  Are they allowed
to do this?

Douglas Winship    [log in to unmask]