Klaus Marion <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 May 2001 09:38:25 +0200
> If I'm not mistaken, if Subscriber=By Owner, then the subscriber
> will
> receive a confirmation message that needs to be approved before the
> request
> is sent to the owner.
>
> Rich Keller

Unfortunately not by our listserver.
With the following settings I got following situation:

> PZ - Pharmazeutische Zeitung Informations-Liste
> Owner= (...)
> Editor= (...)
> Notebook= No
> Errors-To= Owner
> Subscription= By Owner
> Validate= Yes
> Review= Owners
> Send= Editor,Confirm
> Reply-To= (...),Ignore
> Sender= (...)

1) The subscriber got an info, that his subscriptions was send to the
listowner (no confirmation needed)
2) The listowner got an info/question if he want to take the
subscriber to the list.
3) the listowner send the command "add..."  to the listserver
4) the subscriber got an info  "welcome to the list..."

There is no validation of the email-adress by an needed answer of the
subscriber. What ist going wrong?

kind regards

Klaus

Klaus MARION
Prokurist                           Leitung EDV / IT
VGDA Verwaltungsgesellschaft Deutscher Apotheker mbH
Fax: +49 (0)6196 928-503