Vickie Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:43:01 -0500
Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> said:
>The template is called CONFIRM1, but it's only available in recent
>builds. Vickie, yours should have it.

Hi Eric, My CONFIRM1 is the initial messasge template that tells them to
send in the OK and code.  I already changed that one.

The one I want to change, is the one it sends after 48 hours saying,
"Sorry friend, but you failed to confirm, so now you have to start over."
I'd like to cc: that to the owner or to help as well as put the help
address in it.

They seem to delete the first one or not read it, so I'd like to
give them a second chance to get some help.

Peter, yes writing to the expired cookies it's going to increase my
workload beyond what I can probably do (but I have my eye on a work study
student to help).

With H-NET, the Send=Private lists are not a worry.  Our lists
are all moderated, so we don't set them Send=Private.  So it doesn't
matter so much if the addresses match perfectly, as long as we can
send and receive mail from them.

I just spot checked the expiring cookies for February, because we have
been receiving reports that some sites can't receive Listserv generated
mail at all from here, and I thought expiring cookies might be from such
sites.

What I got in response to my letter was a bunch of friendly replies from
not so computer literate people, many outside the United States, some
in relatively important positions, who just couldn't figure out
how to say OK.  (We have a lot of non-techie types.)  But they really did
want to be on the lists and were VERY grateful for a human offer of help.

So if I could automate it, at least parially, I'd just as soon recheck the
expired cookies to see what happened. I would rather not have to grep
the log to figure out who they are though.

Any hope of doing that with a template, Eric?

Thanks,
Vickie Banks
H-NET Technical Assistance

P.S.  Eric, I'm wondering what to do with the WWW_INDEX template?
Could you say what it's for and how it gets used too.