W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 09:38:25 -0330
I am in the process of setting up yet another list, with a second owner.
I noticed the following from the headers (names altered to protect the
innocent):

*
* ENGLISC ....
*
*
;
;
* Owner= [log in to unmask]
* Owner= quiet:,(listmaint)

I added my co-conspirator to the first "Owner" line:

* Owner= [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

And suddenly she started getting copies of all subscription requests.  I
then changed the headers to the following:

* Owner= [log in to unmask]
* Owner= quiet:,[log in to unmask]
* Owner= quiet:,(listmaint)

That produced an error message about the keyword "quiet" applying to all
following addresses.  I was advised to check the REFCARD for HEADERS.  I
added the second owner to the third line, leaving the following:

* Owner: [log in to unmask]
* Owner: quiet:,(listmaint),[log in to unmask]

Which solved the problem.  But ...

I read through all of the refcard on headers (the file:  listkeyw.memo),
and find NOTHING about the keyword "quiet:" and its application to the
Owner= header keyword.  Is this an undocumented feature?  Or am I
looking in the wrong place?

Happy New Year to everyone.

Bill

--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406