Tue, 24 May 1994 08:37:16 -0500
In the not too distant past, in the discussion about how owners
with Send= Private could still allow Usenet, NetNews, etc readers
to still post, someone (Nick LaFlamme I think (hope I spelled that
right Nick)) suggested this setup:

Send= Editor
Editor= me@mynode,(listname)

Am I interpreting this correctly by thinking I should put in

Editor= [log in to unmask],AUTOCAT

or do we have to put in the entire list?  That isn't practical with
over 2500 subscribers.  If just putting in the listname will do the
trick, great, but I don't quite see how it works.  Does it just tell
LISTSERV to check the whole subscription list each time someone tries
to post, or what?

I recently, very reluctantly, changed our list from public to private
and we've a few gripes from those reading via redistribution services.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner