Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:46:21 -0500
On: Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 08:53:24AM -0800,Heller, Paul Wrote:

} We have had difficulty in sending out long URLs on our email lists. Of
} course we try to use links that have short URLs, but sometimes that just
} isn't plausible. When URL that spans two lines is included, the second line
} is "broken" by Listserv--in other words, the second line of the URL is not
} hyperlinked, and when people click the first line of text that is linked,
} they will get a "Page cannot be displayed" error. Is there a way to get
} these long URLs to remain hyperlinked properly?

This is not a listserv problem.

The sending mailer is the one who breaks lines.  Listserv won't break
lines, I have seen lines that are thousands of characters long.
Listserv will send exactly what it gets.

The receiving mailer is responsible for recognizing a hyperlink and
passing it on to the browser when it is clicked on.  If it has a bad
hyperlink, there is no way it can do a proper link.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com     +1 770-321-6507