Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 May 2003 12:33:26 -0300
Well, I don't know . . .

> Listowners frequently have to be mini-helpdesk support people.
> What email program is the user using?  You might need to give him
> "point here, click here" instructions for changing his settings.
>
> It's part and parcel to being a listowner.

I can't imagine how I'd have time to help all the people with
different mailers I don't know anything about to deal with this.
It seems to me if I can force them to turn to their local help
folks, or figure out their mail program, I'm teaching them to
fish . . . so I'll explain (politely) that they can't post till
they fix the problem.

-- Russ
St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/