"Pauline M. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:32:55 +0000
On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Alperin, Glenn wrote:

> Personally, I think there should be some sort of internet standard for
> e-mail which dictates that all lines of text must have a carriage return
> and line feed at the end of every 80 characters.  Anyway, I'm now beyond
> the scope of this list, so I guess I should get off my soapbox here...

This will not work for some.  My screen, when I run X-Windows, is larger
(readable lines are longer, but print is smaller), and cutting/wrapping
lines at 80 columns, would just look stupid to say the least.  Your mail
program, should, wrap your incoming messages, at the length that your
screen is.  If you screen is 80 columns, it should wrap there, but if it
is 132 columns, then it should wrap there.  Just my $0.02.

   ___
 _( Y )_   I'm here, I'm awake, I'm dressed...       Pauline M. Marshall
(:_~*~_:)                                            --= MightyMouse =--
 (_)-(_)   ... WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!?                [log in to unmask]