Vickie Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 22:08:16 -0500
During the past week or so we've started receiving a large number of
complaints from subscribers and owners saying that mail is very slow both
to and from our listserv. (Up to 2 day delays between posting and seeing
the posting delivered.)

We hear that the number of "can't deliver for 4 hours"  notices has jumped
four fold.  We've had to replace some list editors because mail is held up
for days someplace between us and them (we're getting lots of 4 hour delay
notices here at the listserv postmaster account too).

I haven't been able to figure out where the bottleneck for sure, or get it
fixed.  Is anyone else seeing this effect?  It seems to be mostly to
Midwestern addresses, and not all of those, but definitely many of them.

Thanks for any insights you might have on this.

Vickie Banks
H-NET Technical Assistance