Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Jun 1994 12:48:57 -0400
>> can an owner send one out on command. A member said he got a truncated digest
>>and asked me to send it again. I didn't know if I could and if so how.
>
>   In my experience, truncated mail including digests is a fairly common
>   occurrence on a few systems.  It is probably a data dependent error.
>Wayne Smith

An interesting explanation for what happened, but there might be a simpler
one: a mailer that will accept only so many lines, and no more.  I have a
friend whose mailer regularly chops off whatever exceeds its maximum.  Your
list digest for that day might have been longer than usual, and met this
fate in your listmember's mailer.

Just a thought.

Mario Rups (whose mailer, whatever its faults, once accepted the entire,
     uncompressed text of King Solomon's Mines without a whimper)